Here are the instructions on how to add a WordPress self-hosted blog to,
Please note, this does NOT apply to adding a WordPress.com blog.. only to self-hosted!
1. Firstly you need an API Key. To get one of these you need to setup an account on WordPress.com. Once you have created an account go to Users –> Your Profile and take a note of your API Key.
2. At this point I had already activated my Akismet plugin, whereby you are required to enter your API Key in your self-hosted blog, obtained from step 1.
This allows you to use services and enhancements built on the WordPress.com platform while still hosting your blog elsewhere.
3. Now that you are logged into your self-hosted blog, go to Settings –> Writing and enable XML-RPC – Enable the WordPress, Movable Type, MetaWeblog and Blogger XML-RPC publishing protocols, then click save.
4. Now login to your YouTube account, go to Account –> Blog Setup –> Add a Blog
- Blog Service: WordPress Self-Hosted
- UserName: username for your WordPress self-hosted login (eg admin)
- Password: password for your WordPress self-hosted login
- API URL: http://yourblog.com/blog/xmlrpc.php (ie this URL is pointing to the xmlrpc.com file in your blog’s directory)
- API Key: obtained from Step 1 above
- Done! Your self-hosted WordPress blog has now been added to your YouTube account.
6. To add a YouTube video to your blog,
- Select a video
- Click on the Share link just under the video
- Click on Post to a Blog
- Select your Blog (from the drop down menu)
- Click Post to Blog
- Done! This YouTube video will appear shortly on your Blog.