Factors that can increase your Google PageRankNow the Google PageRank algorithm can be very complexed, but yet friendly invention. Here is a list of things that could help boost you Google PageRank, with a rating scale beside it of how important we think it is.
- Update Pages Frequently 2/10
- Add Pages Frequently 4/10
- Good Neighborhood Directories with high PageRank Levels 7/10
- Monster Websites 7/10
- Quality Inbound links 8/10
- Quality Relevant Links 9/10
- No Broken Links 5/10
- Article Submissions (this can increase your PageRank by getting more inbound links)
- All these put together 10/10
Factors that can decrease your Google PageRank
- Bad inbound links such as Poker, Porn, Sex, Drugs, or anything to that nature
- Link spamming
- Bad Content
- Lots of broken links
- SEO Black Hat Techniques
How Google PageRank is CalculatedOkay now we are to the Google PageRank Calculations, this is very simple so pay attention, I learned it over night, not really. The factors about Google PageRank Calculation is that no one knows exactly how it works, but people have discovered over time somewhat how it works, but lets get into an example.
- PR(A) = (1-d) + d(PR(t1)/C(t1) + ... + PR(tn)/C(tn))
In the equation 't1 - tn' are pages linking to page A, 'C' is the number of outbound links that a page has and 'd' is a damping factor, usually set to 0.85.
A more simpler way to think of it is:
- a page's PageRank = 0.15 + 0.85 * (a "share" of the PageRank of every page that links to it)
A page "votes" an amount of PageRank onto each page that it links to. The amount of PageRank that it has to vote with is a little less than its own PageRank value (its own value * 0.85). This value will be shared equally between all pages
Therefore; it would be better to get a page linked to you that has a PageRank of 5 with 2 outbound links then it would be to have a page linked to you with a PageRank of 8 with 500 outbound links, but don't get me wrong. It would be better to have both pages linked to you, but if you was to take your choice, think about it.
Now the Google PageRank algorithm is based between a pr of 1 to 10, but many people believe that numbers are set to a algo logarithmic scale. Which there is a very good reason to believe this, but no one knows for sure outside of google, now there has probably been people that have figured it out somewhat, but to be sure, you would of had to write the Google PageRank algorithm your self.